Budget Ceiling Lighting for a Kids Room
The best budget friendly ceiling lights for a kids bedroom or playroom
We have been making some amazing progress on Eli’s bunkbed/playroom renovation!
The goal for this space is to function as his playroom with a sensory area, and also as a spare bedroom as needed.
I put a lot of thought into the design for this kids space so that it would function as both and still follow our homes aesthetic.
Lighting is always one of my favorite design aspects to choose during any room makeover.
The right lighting adds both character and function to the space.
While I was planning the ceiling lighting for this kids space, I rounded up a bunch of my favorites to share with you.
Some affiliate links have been provided for your convince, see our privacy policies here
Kids Ceiling Fans
In bedrooms I tend to choose ceiling fan options because I personally can’t sleep without a fan going.
Ceiling fans can look a little “adult-y” though which can make it hard to find the right fan for a kids room.
I have used the same type of fan for Eli’s nursery in the old house and in his current room.
This Hunter fan is chunky and works perfectly for all age kids.
Naturally I used the same fan for the playroom, except I went with a fun teal color for
Here are some other fans I found that would be perfect for a children’s room:
- Modern Black Fan: I love this fan obviously because I have used it in three kids spaces now, but it fits a vintage and modern style room perfectly
- Helicopter Fan: This is the funnest fan I have ever seen and would be super fun in a kids playroom
- Neutral White Fan: If you are looking for a more neutral fan that still adds character this one is perfect
- Navy Blue Fan: That navy color and the clean lines of this fan are perfection
- Navy Smart Home Fan: This fan has some very cool smart home features and I love the style
- Teal Hunter Fan: This is the fan I am using in the playroom and I adore it
- Gold Glass Sconce Fan: I am really digging the glam aspect of this ceiling fan and I think it would be super cute in a girls room
- Navy Glass Sconce Fan: You know I had to have a glass sconce option for the boys and this one is perfect
Kids Room Fandelier Ideas
Have you been seeing all the fandeliers lately?
They are light fixtures that look like chandeliers but can turn into fans.
Basically like a transformer, I would name ours Optimus Prime if we had one…
They are super cool and a great option if you prefer the look of a chandelier but also want a functional fan in your kids room.
Here are some of my favorite fandeliers:
- Crystal Fandelier: I am in deep love with the dainty crustal and floral aspect of this one
- Curved Steel Fandelier: This one has the coolest curves and would be so fun in a kids space
- Wicker Fandelier: Does this fan give you coastal farmhouse vibes? If that’s not a real style it should be and I am here for it
- Retro White Fandelier: The distressed look of this fandelier is really nice and you could even swap out the shades for a pop of color
- Flower Fandelier: This one has all the sweet flower power while also being more neutral
- Modern Black Fandelier: I really like the modern look of this fandelier and its blades are retractable so you won’t even know its a fan unless its on
Perfect Kids Room Pendants
If you are not in the fan or nothing camp I found some super fun pendant lighting options perfect for any kids space.
Truthfully if this room wasn’t also functioning as a spare bedroom I would have probably went with a pendant light.
Pendant lights are usually easier to install than fans which is always a bonus!
My favorite pendant lights for a kids room:
- Hunter Green Light: Barn lights are my weakness and I may just stick this one in Eli’s sensory closet area
- Rainbow Ceiling Light: Well it doesn’t get more fun or colorful than this super cool rainbow spider light
- Cranbrook Flush Mount: This flush mount light is simple and still manages to add lots of character
- Semi Flush Mount: The sweet blue color of this light sold me, plus I like the dimension it has
- Seeded Glass Light: This light comes in multiple colors and I really like the seeded glass aspect
- Flower Flush Mount: I need to find a little girls room asap to put this adorable flower flush mount in
- Green Semi Flush Mount: This light also comes in multiple colors and I really like its wooden canopy
- Beaded Light Fixture: The boho vibes this beaded light is giving are super fun
Budget Lighting for Kids Room
Those are just some of my favorite ceiling lights that I think would be perfect for any kids room or playroom.
Lighting is a great way to incorporate color and style into a room.
I am so happy to have the basic fan replaced with this new teal one.
Next on my lighting shopping list will be some fun sconce lighting for his reading corner.
Let me know what you think of our budget ceiling lighting for a kids room and follow along to see the rest of this room makeover unfold!
You Might Also Like:
How To Add Sconce Lighting Without Hardwiring
The Best Plug In Wall Lighting (no hardwiring required)
Vintage Playroom Makeover Mood Board Plans
The 7 Best Toddler Playroom Ideas
Credit : Source Post